“Many tolls in the Web world have one or the other method to measure the strength of the domain and are reflective of your SEO practices”. After this, it all comes down to domain authority and in the real world where focus is going towards organic growth, SEO is instrumental in your domain authority.
Domain Authority incidentally turns out to be the one the ‘feature’ which is regularly seen in the wrong context and perceived erroneously as similar to a real Google metric. Surprisingly, domain authority is not a google metric but a characteristic feature of a site.
Domain Authority (DA) is Moz’s method of revealing to us how well a site should rank. It is utilizing a 0 to 100 scale. Moz measure domain authority by quantifying various channels like- link of the root domain, the total number of links etc. Pay attention to keywords, use them naturally and pay attention to choose your niche-specific keywords, it helps visitors to discover your site and get the right information too. Such nitty-gritty can directly or indirectly reflect your domain score when tools measure your domain authority. The same rule works for the backlinks, the more natural and organic more value for your SEO tactics. Domain authority (DA) is a metric measure in a logarithmic fashion. If you focus on only one element of your website it will not improve. All the components that are used in the measurement of domain value have to be optimized.
Why Care about your domain authority?
Here are few reasons to persuade you to care about DA:-
- The higher the DA, the better possibility a site has to rank, hypothetically. The better the ranking, the higher your site will rank and appear in first or second search results on search engines. It will ultimately drive more traffic to your site.
- Your domain authority is not only a good method to check the impact of your SEO endeavours but also you get a comparison of your site with your competitor’s sites.
Is Domain Authority same as Page Authority?
A question usually people ask is, how page authority and domain authority are different? Most think that they are almost the same things. So, to clear the clouds and see the sunny side let’s take a look at both of these, one by one:-
Page authority- It is a metric used to measure the strength of a page. This metric tells you about a single webpage of your site.
Web Authority- While web authority is a metric that measures the strength of the entire domain or subdomains.
Where should I check my Domain Authority?
There are various websites besides Moz, as we have already discussed it where you can strengthen your domain. Like SEO Review tools, Linkgraph’s free bulk DA Checker (this is really useful if you want to check domain authority of many sites at a time) etc.
Moz has an added advantage if you use it to check your DA of your site. It presents a comprehensive report on top pages, links and keywords, lost links etc. With Moz you can also see the keywords and links of your competitor page and gain some competitive advantage.
Tips for boosting your Domain Authority with SEO
Domain authority if put in simple words is the value of your site. How valuable is your domain is decided highly by backlinks. When sites links to your page it gives credibility to your page as “useful content”. Hence, improve backlinks, get more backlinks. It’s the first and most important SEO strategy one should practice as a site owner. Work to improve your content game, provide high quality, useful valuable information. Try to find the gap which you can fill and always keep an eye on your competitor.
Reach to companies who are your clients, swap testimonials and support each other and gain valuable online presence. Try to get few high-quality backlinks, many ineffective links are good for none. Guest posting is a useful method but, be careful while choosing which sites to post if they have follow on their links.
Content is core. Quality content that is unique and valuable gives you credibility. Make sure your blogs, content on your pages and website is highly engaging, unique and grab attention. Good content always ranks higher in search engines. Work on keywords, use keywords that work around your brand and use them naturally. Use tools to accumulate data about what people are searching for and make keywords out of that. Create multiple in-depth content in your niche. For example, if you’re a Painting company, specializing in providing painting services then create content around painting, colours, indoor paintings, room-specific paintings and useful tips. Content topics also matter a lot.
- The structure of your site also impacts your SEO and compatibility with search engines. Site structure and user-friendliness is very important. If people are visiting your site and it’s hard to navigate the interface chances are they might leave in between. This gives bad signals to google and so it’s important to work and invest in website structure.
- Work on optimizing your on-page content. This is not only important for SEO benefits but drastically impacts the DA of your site. Optimize your alt tags, title tags and all the content on the website. Choose easy comprehensible reading friendly fonts, aesthetics that are clean and appealing.
- Internal linking is as important as external linking. Don’t forget internal linking in haste to gain external links. Internal linking gives your readers and visitors everything on your page on your website. It highly improves the user experience. Link your products in your content and some other useful page of your own website.
- A mobile-friendly website, to retain all the mobile users and not lose even a single visitor to your website. If your website is not mobile-friendly it will drastically impact your mobile search engine rankings. Keep checking mobile-friendliness of your website and keep it updated.
SEO strategy has a major impact on your domain authority. Take a look at your SEO strategy and get ready to improve your domain authority with these tips and rank higher.